the bits we've got to include - and grab your dictionary, as we shall test you on all this later...
UK Data Protection Act, 1998
Christian Flatshare ("CFS", "ChristianFlatShare.org" or “we”) is “notified” (Z9446612) and fully complies with the UK Data Protection Act, 1998. There are eight principles under the Act. These are:
- Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully. This means that individuals should not be deceived or misled into supplying information.
- Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Personal data should be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose.
- Personal data should be accurate and up to date, where necessary.
- Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose.
- Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns.
- Appropriate measures should be taken against unlawful processing or destruction of records. Computer systems should have back-up facilities and security provisions.
- Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (the EU states plus Lichtenstein, Iceland and Norway.) unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
For more information on the UK Data Protection go to http://www.dataprotection.gov.uk
Does CFS share the information they receive?
Information about our members and visitors is an important part of our ministry and we will never disclose personal information to any third parties, except when we are required to do so by law.
Accommodation offered and wanted adverts posted by users will only contain the information that the member has chosen to provide.
As with any website, usage statistics are generated and IP addresses logged and held for a limited period by CFS. Users cannot be directly identified from this information by CFS.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable member information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
Payments to CFS are made using a third party, PayPal. Personal and credit card data transferred to PayPal using a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) connection which encrypts the data being sent and ensures that the transmitted data cannot be intercepted. When you are on a web page using SSL, most web browsers display am icon of a lock on the bottom of web browsers which indicates that a secure connection has been established.
What about “cookies”?
Cookies are commonly used in internet websites. They are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide some features of the CFS website.
The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of CFS’s most useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Removing or updating personal records
If you wish to be removed from our database or require you personal information to be updated we will make every effort to effect the required changes. This can be done by sending us an e-mail enquiries@ChristianFlatShare.org for the email account registered during user registration.
Questions and Comments